1. What led you to the work you’re making now?
Just a love for synthesizers, drum machines, and non-traditional forms of electronic music.
2. What was your very first gig?
My first solo gig was at the original The Smell location in North Hollywood, late Nineties i believe. I recreated my bedroom and played in my pajamas.
Instrumentation was chord organ, Yamaha SU-10 sampler, vocals.
3. What are you listening to these days?
Let’s Eat Grandma, The new Bixio/Frizzi/Tempera Magnetic Systems compilation Lp, Oiler, Slug, Distorted Pony, Babyland, Drown, Big Black. Anything on The Pre Cert/Dead Cert and Finders Keepers labels. Wilco and Fiona Apple for life
4. How does location influence your approach to a performance?
Well, I’m usually playing in some nondescript empty room, so this will be interesting to see what I come up with.
5. What is next for you?
Hopefully, this will be the genesis of a new solo lp. It’s been 7 years.
5.5 Please choose a track from our archive, and tell us why you chose it (in as few or many words as you like).
I really can’t pick one so here they are:
- Stephen Prina: Sonic Dan. I had read about this performance in an interview with Prina and was bummed that i had missed it. When he performed it again at Schindler House, i was so exited to finally see it. One of my favorite singers. Push Comes to Love and Vinyl II are both amazing records.
- Nels Cline & Gregg Bendian: Interstellar Space Revisited. I love Nels.
- Mike Kelley emceeing Blast!  fundraiser.
Here’s a track from Bobb’s Mellowdramas LP (2011):